Sound Therapy Older Children's Programs (Ages 8 - 12)
Music specially selected for children to develop their sense of rhythm and form, along with stories chosen to enhance perception, creativity and language comprehension.
Auditory processing is the link between hearing and understanding. The ear and the brain communicate with each other, just like two people having a conversation on the phone. Correct auditory processing requires a number of complex skills.
When these skills are mastered, learning, study and social adjustment happen naturally. Sound Therapy helps your child to develop these skills and perform well in all areas.
These music and story albums for pre-teens use the special Sound Therapy filtering system devised by Dr Tomatis and refined over the last 20 years by Patricia and Rafaele Joudry. This special filtering process makes this a powerful program for the ear and brain.
The Older Children's program includes:
* Player model may vary depending on what is available at the time of shipping.
Shipping & Local Collection
Sound Therapy programs and players come with a 12 month warranty and are usually shipped from Sound Therapy Perth within 2-3 weeks of an order being placed. Once your program has been dispatched, shipping times are typically:
- Express Post (within Australia): 2-3 days
- Regular Post (within Australia): 7 days
- DHL (outside Australia): 7 days
All parcels are sent with tracking; we will let you know what the tracking number is as soon as we are notified of it.
Please note that we do not carry programs on the shelf in our clinic; they need to be pre-ordered and put together. If you live locally and would like to come in and purchase a program, you can order them online and select "Local pick up" to avoid paying for postage. We will let you know when your program is ready for collection.
Listeners outside Australia please note:
- Customers outside Australia are not charged the 10% Goods & Services Tax, which will be adjusted at checkout when your country is selected. You may be charged import duty by your local customs authority. UK customers please note that as we are not located in Europe, we do not collect the import VAT - you will be invoiced by HM Revenue & Customs, which could cost around £80 - £100.
- Programs cannot be sent via Airmail (Australia Post) as the digital player contains a lithium battery which is classed as "Dangerous Goods". It must be sent by a courier and attracts a "dangerous goods" surcharge. Shipping typically costs between AU$80 - $130 depending on destination, which is the lowest price we have been able to find.
Albums in the Older Children's Program
- Study Stimulator: Music children will love, to help with concentration and learning by Strauss, Beethoven, Mozart, Brahms, Greig, Chopin, and Pachelbel.
- Calming Music: Music to sleep or settle down to by Beethoven, Tchaikovsky, Mozart, Padrewski, Chopin, Muscagni and Debussy.
- Grimm's Fairy Tales: Classic tales that educate about ethics, problem solving and transformation, read by Patricia Joudry.
- African Stories: Folk tales that open cultural awareness and develop maturity, read by Mignon Lee-Warden.
- Native American Indian Stories: Native American tales of strength, courage and magic, read by Patricia Joudry.
Digital Player and Headphones
Lightweight yet durable, the digital player offers the convenience of Sound Therapy on the go.
It has a built in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery, which if looked after should last many years. A USB cable is included; you can plug the USB cable into your computer to charge your player, or use the wall adapter supplied to charge your player from mains power.
The Listening Guide has brief and easy instructions to help you supervise your child's listening.
Personal support available as needed
Sound Therapy programs cost 1/10th the price of clinic-based Tomatis treatments because you are not paying for a therapist's time. Instead, we give you as many resources as possible to manage your own treatment, with the back-up of professional support for an additional fee if you feel you need it.
Additional professional support is available from qualified Senior Sound Therapist and Audiometric Officer Simone Collins for a fee.
Working with Sound Therapy programs since 2003, Simone brings many years of experience as a Sound Therapy consultant together with first-hand experience as a Sound Therapy user herself and with her own children, and offers a wealth of knowledge for how to make the most of your program to reap as much benefit from Sound Therapy as possible.
For those in Perth, Simone is able to monitor progress with hearing and auditory processing tests for children aged 6 and above.
If you would like to discuss your progress over the phone or in person, please make an appointment with Simone. Phone and face-to-face appointments with Simone cost A$25 per 15 minutes.